Are you a skilled data science manager who is passionate about promoting equitable and sustainable water and sanitation practices in low-resource settings? If yes, you should consider applying for a position with the Aquaya Institute!
About Aquaya Institute
Aquaya is a non-profit research and consultancy group dedicated to promoting safe, fair, and long-term water and sanitation practices in low-resource settings.
As an organization, Aquaya has been conducting rigorous research, testing, and evaluation to assist development agencies, governments, and implementing organizations since 2005.
Aquaya has an office in Nairobi, Kenya, although employees are also located in the United States, Ghana, Uganda, France, Ethiopia, and Morocco.
The Aquaya group has completed initiatives in Africa, Asia, and Latin America including public health, economics, technological development, and social entrepreneurship.
Aquaya has written or contributed to more than 40 peer-reviewed research articles, as well as other reports and publications.
About the Senior Data Science Manager Position
Aquaya is now looking for a Senior Data Science Manager to oversee all aspects of the Project W program. Project W is a consolidated WASH data directory and analytics platform designed to help stakeholders learn, respond, and invest in successful services.
Around 4,500 secondary datasets from over 40 countries are presently available on the site, with additional components that may include WASH-related literature, technology, jobs, grants, conferences, and other topics.
The Senior Manager will be in charge of Project W’s strategy and efforts toward creating a public, accessible, and innovative data platform.
Criteria for the Position
As a candidate, you are required to have the following qualifications for this position:
- Demonstrated experience building and/or managing web-based data platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership, with experience or interest in driving projects from start-up to growth.
- Have a general understanding of the water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector.
- Be a degree graduate in data science, WASH, or a related field.
- Have experience or interest in international development.
- Be a fluent English speaker with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Possess excellent IT and analytical skills (coding software, Microsoft Office). Experience building wireframes is a plus.
Preferred Skills and Attributes
- Possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to delivery.
- Have outstanding organization and time management skills, with an attention to detail and an ability to establish systems to manage constant information flows and deliver on deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for data science/data analytics through past freelance work, professional network involvement, teaching, or volunteer service.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and provide feedback to strengthen capacity and data quality.
- Must possess the Ability to work productively with remote teams.
- Must have proven ability to work closely with a small team and to successfully manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a positive and productive attitude and a good sense of humour!
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position with a three-month probationary phase. Aquaya provides excellent pay that is consistent with experience. Medical insurance and participation in a pension plan are among the benefits.
How to Apply
If you’re a skilled and experienced data science professional with a passion for innovation and problem-solving, don’t miss out on this opportunity! Submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2023.
Keep in mind that applications without a cover letter will be rejected. Ensure that you put ‘Senior Data Science Manager’ in the subject line of your email. Do not call because all enquiries will be handled via the email address supplied. Submit your application today!
In order for you to stay up to date with the latest job opportunities, make sure that you join our mailing list below.