International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization that provides disaster relief and recovery, health and nutrition, and longer-term development programs to those in need.
They are looking for an Internal Auditor to join their team and help ensure that their operations comply with internal policies and external regulations.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for examining and assessing internal controls and practices, as well as associated International Medical Standards, under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Internal Audit or the Chief Audit and Compliance Officer, as appropriate.
Procedures for the Corps. The Internal Auditor will evaluate and audit existing policies, procedures, and systems, as well as administer tests to determine sufficiency and conformity with International Medical Corps standards and procedures.
The goal of these assessments is to give management with an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity that will add value and improve the operations of the International Medical Corps.
The Internal Auditor will always conduct audits at all organizational locations to assess and evaluate the efficacy and efficiency of operations, the dependability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable local laws and regulations, financial reporting regulations, and asset safeguarding.
The Internal Auditor will be in charge of preparing reports on the audit results and will also be appointed as the subject matter expert for internal audit processes.
The duties listed are illustrative of the nature and level of labour assigned, although they are not exhaustive.
- Maintaining relationships with management to understand organizational processes and risks.
- Performing risk assessments and guiding audit coverage.
- Travelling to country and HQ sites to meet staff, and representatives, and obtain information.
- Assessing the governance and risk management processes.
- Preparing reports of audit results with opinions on internal controls and recommendations.
- Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit and Chief Audit and Compliance Officer.
- Conducting reviews or tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Providing ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff.
- Following up on prior audit work to ensure new controls are in place.
- Mentoring Associate Internal Auditors through on-the-job training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Auditing, or relevant discipline; equivalent education/experience may be accepted.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in auditing; equivalent experience in program management, MEAL, procurement, and HR is preferred.
- Remote work experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of IAS or other international auditing standards is desirable.
- International organization (development) audit experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to use relevant Data Analytics Tools.
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as Deltek Cost Point is a plus.
- Digitized audit tool experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English with good verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of French or Arabic is desired.
- Ability to gather, analyze, evaluate data, solve problems, and present reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and clear communication.
HOW TO APPLY
International Medical Corps Somalia invites qualified candidates who meet the above criteria to send their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. indicating the job title as Internal Auditor clearly stated in the email subject.
The application deadline is February 17th, 2023. Due to the large number of applications received, only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.