The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships for the academic year 2023/24 in the United Kingdom present a remarkable opportunity for the brightest minds hailing from Commonwealth countries to pursue their master’s degrees without bearing the financial burden.
These fully-funded scholarships, sponsored by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), open doors for students to enhance their skills and knowledge in their chosen fields.
The scholarships not only empower individuals but also serve a broader purpose – promoting peace and economic stability among low and middle-income countries. Furthermore, the initiative aims to uplift underprivileged individuals from Commonwealth nations, fostering a brighter future for all.
The Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2024 covers a wide spectrum of academic themes, generously funded by the FCDO. These six core themes range from science and technology, dedicated to advancing global prosperity, to crisis management, improving health systems, and expanding access to opportunities.
One of the remarkable aspects of the Commonwealth scholarship program is the strong sense of community it fosters. Alumni of the Commonwealth program form a lasting network, uniting current and former fellows.
This network becomes a valuable resource, as fellows support each other in academic pursuits, sharing their experiences and collaborating on various projects. This spirit of collaboration not only enriches individual experiences but also contributes to the broader goals of the scholarship.
Since its inception in 1959, the Commonwealth scholarship program has transformed the lives of countless individuals. Over the years, nearly 28,500 Commonwealth scholars have received fully-funded scholarships from the UK Government.
These scholars have gone on to become influential personalities, including prime ministers, cabinet ministers, Nobel laureates, diplomats, renowned researchers, and leaders of prominent non-governmental organizations and businesses. The program’s impact extends far beyond the classroom, influencing the direction of nations and global initiatives.
An exceptional feature of this UK Government scholarship is the opportunity it offers scholars to become part of Knowledge Hubs. These hubs serve as dynamic platforms for sharing innovative ideas and projects.
Additionally, they serve as valuable sources of information about new opportunities, events, and news, seamlessly connected and managed via LinkedIn. Being a part of these hubs enriches the scholar’s academic journey, providing access to a world of knowledge and collaboration.
Table of Contents
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24 in the UK
Host Country: United Kingdom
Host University: UK Universities
Funded By: The UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
Degree Level: Master’s Degree Programs
Benefits of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24
- The scholarship covers the return air ticket of the selected candidates.
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees.
- The candidates will get a monthly stipend of £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month.
- The scholarship also covers the warm cloth allowance.
- The cost of the thesis or dissertation will be covered.
- It provides students with study travel grants within or outside the UK.
- If the candidates are widowed, divorced, or single parents, the scholarship pays the child £576.61 for the first child and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- Additional allowance for a disabled person
Eligible Countries of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Gambia
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2023/24
- An applicant must be a native or a refugee of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of eligible Commonwealth countries.
- An applicant must be available for study in the UK by the beginning of the UK academic calendar, i.e., September 2024.
- An applicant must have provided all the necessary documents in the required format.
- For more information about the eligibility criteria, visit the official website.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship 2023/24?
- The candidates have to apply from any one of the given nominating bodies i.e. National Nominating Agencies or Non-Governmental Organizations, and Charitable Bodies.
- CSC does not accept direct applications which have not followed the above-mentioned routes.
- The candidates must keep in mind that every nominating body has different eligibility criteria, so they must check the eligibility requirements of their nominating body as well. The candidates have to apply through the CSC online application system.
- The CSC applications and applications required by the nominating bodies are different and the candidates must apply for both.
- An application that is not submitted via the CSC online application system will not be accepted.
- Make sure that your reference letters are directly submitted by your referees. The referees will be sent an email for reference letter submission.
Commonwealth Scholarship Application Deadline
The application deadline for the scholarship is 17 October 2023.