The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2024 is a highly esteemed scholarship initiative, offering fully funded opportunities to students residing in developing countries. Globally recognized as the Master’s Scholarship for Public Policy and Good Governance, this program aims to nurture prospective leaders who are committed to fostering democracy and social justice in their respective communities.
By doing so, it lays the foundation for social, political, and economic development in developing nations. Under the principles of good governance, the DAAD scholarship invites exceptionally qualified candidates from developing countries to pursue education in fields such as law, economics, political science, and administration, enabling them to assume influential positions in their home countries.
The DAAD scholarship in Europe caters to the needs of public sectors grappling with multifaceted organizational challenges.
These opportunities are designed to equip participants with the latest theoretical knowledge, relevant skills, and specialized training in key areas, thereby meeting the demand for strategic policymaking.
Young aspiring leaders are encouraged to embark on their careers in some of the finest universities in Germany. This scholarship program stands as a testament to its commitment to nurturing brilliant students who seek to develop leadership skills through engaging in foreign environments.
Moreover, it provides students with the invaluable opportunity to learn from talented professionals, fostering a network of potential leaders in Germany.
The fully funded master’s scholarship for international students provides an internationally recognized platform for acquiring professional leadership skills in a refined environment, accompanied by excellent postgraduate degrees.
Germany, which is very well known for its diversity and inclusivity, warmly embraces individuals from all cultures, races, religions, genders, and social backgrounds to partake in this prestigious international scholarship program.
Participants benefit from a range of advantages, including travel allowances, monthly stipends, study grants, and more. Consequently, this program instils sociocultural and religious tolerance among future leaders, enabling them to better understand the common needs of the communities they aspire to serve.
The DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Programme 2024 in Germany, led by the DAAD, strives to contribute to the advancement of civil societies worldwide by promoting the values of good governance and reforming social structures in developing nations.
It offers disciplines of critical importance to the social, cultural, economic, and political development of the Global South, equipping leaders with the practical skills required to thrive in the international arena.
Encouraging these bright minds to contribute to democratically driven economic and social forms, the program plays a vital role in overcoming social inequalities.
Table of Contents
DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2024 in Germany
Host Country: Germany
Host Universities:Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
University of Duisburg-Essen
Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt
University of Magdeburg
University of Passau
Master’s Degree Level
Scholarship Program Duration
The program duration for the scholarship is a minimum of two years.
Courses Offered Under DAAD Scholarship 2024
- Social Protection.
- Development and Governance.
- Public Policy.
- Peace and Conflict Studies.
- Management in Non-Profit Organization.
- Development Studies.
- Governance and Public Policy.
- Public Management.
Eligible Countries for DAAD Scholarship 2024
São Tomé und
Papua N. Guinea
Benefits of DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2024 in Germany
- Exemption from tuition fees.
- Engagement with events and seminars.
- A stipend of Euro 934 per month.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Travel allowances.
- Study and research grant
- Research grant.
- rent subsidies and family supplements,
- Preceding German language course.
Eligibility Criteria of DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2024
- Graduates belonging to developing countries can apply.
- The eligible countries are mentioned in the above countries list.
- Candidates with a good academic record in the following fields can apply social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, economics, and administration.
- Students with a passion to contribute to the socio-political and economic well-being of their countries can apply.
- Students with relevant work experience can apply.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship in Germany?
- The applicants have to apply online through the official website in English or German.
- Indicate clearly the opted courses by prioritizing the options (you can apply for a maximum of two courses).
- Complete the DAAD application form carefully.
- A single application for two courses will be considered enough.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents to the master’s course university, not to the DAAD
Selection Criteria of the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme
- Academic record.
- Quality of motivation letter.
- Alignment of the motivational letter with program goals.
- Practical related experience.
- The decision of the selection committee of the master’s course as well as of DAAD.
- Selected candidates will be contacted by the DAAD and then they will have to upload documents on the DAAD portal.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarships, Germany
- DAAD Checklist form.
- DAAD Application form.
- CV in reverse chronological order.
- A single letter of motivation.
- Higher education degree certificates.
- Work experience certificate related to the Helmut-SchmidtProgramme
- Proof of English Language
- Written references from current employer or university teacher
DAAD Scholarship Application Deadline
The last date to apply for the scholarship is July 31, 2023.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for all the Latest News and Opportunities!