The Chevening Fellowships for the year 2024 stand as a testament to the United Kingdom’s commitment to fostering international collaboration and knowledge exchange.
This prestigious program, renowned as one of the world’s leading fellowships, extends a fully funded invitation to talented individuals from across the globe.
It presents an unparalleled opportunity for fellows to immerse themselves in advanced-level knowledge and professional techniques in the UK.
Every year, the Chevening Fellowship program welcomes a cohort of promising individuals driven by a passion for effecting positive change in their communities.
These individuals are granted the privilege of becoming part of the esteemed Chevening fellowship and its vibrant community of fellows.
The Chevening Fellowship program is open to highly influential individuals, without any discrimination based on gender or nationality.
However, a pivotal criterion for consideration is the commitment displayed by fellows in their pursuit of expanding knowledge, cultivating networks, and realizing their potential. This commitment is expected to be evident through their prior work and professional backgrounds.
To create an environment conducive to capacity-building, fellows are afforded a platform where they can engage in tailored short courses, research programs, or professional placements at esteemed UK institutions. These avenues enable them to bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Fellows fortunate enough to be part of the Chevening Scholarship program not only gain professionally but also contribute to a robust global network.
They collaborate with peers and colleagues within a highly professional environment, capitalizing on the opportunity to learn from others’ experiences.
The Chevening Scholarship program epitomizes the UK’s strategic international priorities. This initiative not only benefits the fellows but also aligns with the UK’s pursuit of soft diplomacy and cultural exchange.
It stands out as a unique program since fellows can participate in short courses in the UK or engage in self-directed academic or professional research without enrolling in a full-time master’s program at a UK university. Furthermore, fellows can undertake their study periods at various times throughout the year.
Table of Contents
Chevening Fellowships 2024 in the UK
Host Country: United Kingdom
Host Organization: Chevening Awards are awarded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations.
Programs under Chevening Fellowships
- Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship (SAJP)
- Chevening Africa Media Freedom Fellowship (CAMFF)
- Chevening British Library Fellowship
- Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship
- Chevening Energy Market Reform Fellowship
- Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship
- Chevening Healthcare, Health Policy, and Health Reform Fellowship
- Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship
- Chevening LSE Fellowship
- Chevening Gurukul Fellowship
- Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowships
- Chevening Western Balkans Cyber Security Fellowship
- Chevening Research, Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship (CRISP)
Benefits of the Chevening Fellowship 2024
- Program Fees
- Return Air Ticket
- Living Expenses
- Additional Benefits: Various fellowship programs offer other unique benefits. It’s recommended to review each program’s specifics to understand the full range of advantages provided.
Chevening Fellowship Eligibility Criteria 2024
- The candidate must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Candidates must be mid-career professionals.
- Candidates must have a Minimum of five years of work experience in a relevant related field.
- The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening are: full-time employment, part-time employment, voluntary work, and paid or unpaid internships
- Candidates must be already in positions of influence.
- The candidate must be committed to returning to the home country after the completion of the program.
- The candidate must have a postgraduate-level qualification or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area at the time of application.
- Candidates must fulfil program-specific fellowship eligibility requirements.
- Interested candidates must not hold British or dual British citizenship.
- Candidate must not be awarded any UK Government scholarship funding including Chevening within the last five years.
- The candidate must not be an employee, a former employee, or a relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government within the last two years.
- Chevening fellowship does not require IELTE/TOFEL or other English proficiency certificates.
How to Apply for the Chevening Fellowship 2024
- Paper form applications are not accepted and the applicants have to apply online through the online Chevening Application form.
- The applicants have to choose a specific Chevening course of their own related fields from the list of available courses.
- Although there is no need for IELTS/TOFEL or other English proficiency tests in Chevening specifically if your selected institute has specific requirements for the language proficiency test, you have to submit the scores to get an offer letter.
- It is highly recommended that you check all individual program requirements before applying.
Chevening Fellowships Application Deadline
The deadline varies from one program to another.