The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship in the USA 2024 is a prestigious program designed to provide professional and academic opportunities for individuals interested in refining their reporting skills on human rights and social justice.
The fellowship, which was launched three years ago, is open to every woman and non-binary journalist from any nationality who has excellent English communication skills.
The fellowship was formulated in memory of Elizabeth Neuffer, a winner of “The Boston Globe Correspondent and IWMF Courage in Journalism Award-1998.” She died in Iraq while reporting in 2003.
The IWMF started this fellowship program in coordination with the Neuffer family and friends to honour her legacy and advance her work in social justice and human rights.
The fully-funded international fellowships aim to harness the potential of women journalists as champions of the press to accelerate the revolution in global news media.
The program has granted old fellows the honour to publish their work through various media outlets. So, this opportunity presents a chance to get your work recognized and be known to everyone around the globe.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you should take a second and apply as early as possible! The fellowship is an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic individuals looking to enhance their reporting skills and make a meaningful impact in the world of journalism.
Table of Contents
Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship in the USA 2024
Host Countries: United States of America.
Host Organization: International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF).
Neuffer Fellowship Program Duration
The duration of the fully-funded fellowship is seven months.
Benefits of the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship in the USA 2024
- Fixed monthly stipend to cover the living cost.
- Housing cost in Cambridge and New York City.
- Round trip economy airfare.
- Transportation between the cities.
- Health insurance.
- Cost of U.S. visa.
- Any additional incidental expenses.
Eligibility Criteria of the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2024, USA
- Every journalist can apply.
- Women, non-binary journalists, or gender non-conforming journalists can apply.
- Your focus should be on resolving the issues of human rights and social justice.
- Must have three years of working experience.
- Excellent English communication is required.
How to Apply for the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship in the USA 2024?
- Students have to apply online.
- Sign up for the fellowship application process.
- Ensure to fill up the required information.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.
Information to be submitted for Elizabeth Fellowship 2024
- Resume or CV.
- Statement of Interest.
- Fellowship goals.
- Two work samples.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A completed application form.
- Motivation letter, demonstrating your interest in the conference.
- A comprehensive CV, comprising personal information and experience on energy-related topics.
- Two samples of journalistic work in the English language.
Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Application Deadline
The application deadline for the fellowship is April 23, 2023.
For instant updates on scholarships, jobs and news, Join our Super Exclusive Telegram Channel.
Don’t miss out on our Newsletter. Sign up Today and Stay Ahead of the Game.