The World Banks Junior Professional Associates Program (JAP) is a remarkable initiative aimed at empowering young individuals by providing them with entry-level professional opportunities.
This program offers young professionals the chance to gain valuable experience and exposure to the contemporary challenges faced by the modern world in terms of development.
By working alongside experienced senior team members, junior graduates and professionals participating in the international JAP program can utilize their qualitative and analytical abilities, as well as their technical knowledge.
The World Bank’s JAP program serves as a foundation stone for future career opportunities in various sectors, including the government, private sector, academia, the corporate world, and other areas of development.
As the World Bank is an institution born out of the Bretton Woods System, its primary objective is to bring development to the world. Consequently, the paid young professional program at the World Bank encompasses a wide range of development-related fields.
Graduates from diverse academic backgrounds such as finance, economics, human resource management, public health, education, nutrition, social sciences, anthropology, sociology, agriculture, infrastructure development, private sector development, information technology, law, communication, and other related fields are highly encouraged to apply for this program.
The WB JPA 2023-24 is a two-year entry-level professional program. It is important to note that this program does not guarantee a lifetime job at the World Bank.
However, participating in this paid international opportunity can open doors for future employment with the World Bank upon completion of the two-year program.
Associates are required to depart from the World Bank once the entry-level program concludes. This opportunity is available at all World Bank offices worldwide, with no restrictions based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion, colour, or any other factors.
Additionally, persons with disabilities are not only welcomed but also provided with extra benefits within this program.
Table of Contents
World Bank Junior Professional Associates Program (JAP) 2023-24
Host Organization: The World Bank
Host Countries: Global based on business needs.
WBG JPA 2023-24 Duration
Benefits of the Junior Professional Associates Program (JAP) 2023-24
- A competitive salary is given to selected applicants.
- A two-year contract with the World Bank.
- Persons with disabilities will get the disability accommodation fund at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A chance to start a career in a premier development institution.
Eligibility Criteria of the Junior Professional Associates Program (JAP)
- Graduates from all nationalities and from around the world can apply.
- The applicants must hold a bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- The applicants must not be more than 28 years of age on the first day of the job.
- The applicant must be fluent and proficient in English.
- If the applicant has knowledge and fluency in more than one WB’s official language (Arabic, French, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish), it is a plus point.
- The JAPs are eligible for reappointment if they take a two-year “Cooling Off” period. The cooling-off period means the JPA has to leave the World Bank after the completion of the program two years. Only then they can reapply.
- Staffs already on ETC are ineligible.
How to Apply for the World Bank Young Professional Associates Program 2022-23?
- The application is submitted online on the World Bank’s external career website.
- If a potential JPA is identified by the hiring manager, he/she too has to apply online.
- Be careful in providing all the required information. Wrong information may lead to disqualification.
- The application remains active for 6 months in the database.
- If the applicant wishes to reapply after 6 months, they will submit again the application.
- The associates are hired by the hiring managers through their database information.
- The hiring managers have full access to the information provided on the database.
- No selection of the application must be left unattended.
- Give your acknowledgement of the WB policies before submitting the application.
Required Documents for WB JPA 2023-24
- Experience certificate (If any)
- Educational certificates and credentials.
- Language Proficiency Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Reference Letters
Opens around the year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for all the Latest News and Opportunities!